Once a standard is opened there is a 'View Key Element' button which references the main elements for the standard.
Each standard contains 5 sections:
- Documentation and Data
- College or School's Self-Assessment
- College or School's Comments on the Standard
- College or School's Final Self-Evaluation
- Recommended Monitoring
Each standard shows one of the following 3 status options:
- Not Started: No user has started to make any changes to the standard.
- In-Progress: One or multiple school user's have updated text or documents within the standard.
- Completed: A school user has finalized changes to the standard and marked it as complete.
Each standard can be marked with one of the following compliance status options:
- Compliant with Monitoring
- Partially Compliant
- Non Compliant
How to Edit/Complete a Standard
Under the Self Study tab, all 25 standards are listed. After a standard is clicked, AAMS might take a few minutes to load all the data contained within a standard. Once the standard opens, the following edits can be made:
In Section 1:
- Upload any required and optional documentation and data.
- Under each data view/table, commentary may be added under 'Optional Comments'. For guidance on how to use the commentary section, visit the About Documentation and Data article.
In Section 2:
- Choose the appropriate choice for the college/school's Self-Assessment. Note: If a mistake is made, click on 'Clear' at the bottom of the assessment table.
In Section 3:
- There is an optional reference list provided when writing comments on a standard. Note: There is a maximum count for the comment box and also a 'Versions' dropdown menu in case a previous version needs to be restored.
In Section 4:
- Choose the school's self-evaluation compliance status that will eventually populate into the Self Study tab. Click on 'Clear' if a selection needs to be removed.
In Section 5:
- Under the commentary box enter any comments, if needed, for recommended monitoring. Note: Only narrative portions may be added in the comment section. No upload of files are allowed in this comment section.
Once changes are made, there are two options in the top right corner to save:
- 'Save Changes': Any changes made to the standard are saved. The standard status will remain at 'in-progress'.
- 'Mark Standard Complete': Saves changes and marks the standard status as 'completed'. Note: There are no validations for marking a standard 'Completed'. It is the school's responsibility to confirm all information is included before marking a standard complete. While changes can continue to be saved after marking a status completed, no changes can be made after a Self Study has been submitted.
- How to Complete a Standard:
How can I download a copy of one or multiple standards?
- Please visit the About Self Study PDF article.
Why is there a buffering period when I try top open a standard?
- AAMS may take some time to load certain standards or sections of the system due to various reasons such as file types or sizes. Please allow up to several minutes for the standard to load properly.
Why can't I view ACPE's compliance status decision?
- ACPE cannot review the Self Study until it has been submitted. After submission, ACPE's compliance status decisions will become visible once they release their decision.
Why can't I see the 'Compliance Status' tab?