School administrators and school users assigned with the 'Users' permission level can create/edit school user accounts. Note: There is no limit to the number of school user accounts allowed for an institution.
Once a school user is added, assign the appropriate permission level(s) to each school user account created. Note: The 6 main tabs ('Profile', 'Assessment Tools', 'Self Study', 'Compliance Status', 'Users', and/or 'Documents') found in AAMS are populated based on the user type and permission levels assigned to an account.
- Assessment Tools: Access to assessment tools section of the website (i.e. bench marking reports).
- Compliance Status: Ability to see the final compliance status selection made by the school and ACPE.
- Faculty Profiles: Ability to administer and edit faculty profiles.
- Users: Ability to add/edit all other users in the system except for the school administrator.
- Self-Study Read: Ability to read content already in the Self Study, but cannot make any edits; or
- Self-Study Write: Ability to read and edit all content in the Self Study.
Note: For 'Users' and 'Faculty Profiles' permission levels, a red popup message will appear to confirm the permission given to the user. For 'Self-Study Read' and 'Self-Study Write', only one of these two options may be chosen.
How To Add a User
Once logged in:
1. Choose ‘AAMS’ found in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen
2. Click the ‘Users’ tab
3. On the top right corner, click ‘Create New User’
4. For Role, choose 'School User'
5. Enter First Name, Last Name, Email, and Telephone. Note: the 'Telephone' field is optional.
6. Assign Permission(s). Note: After each selection, the system will briefly refresh to save the changes. Please allow a few seconds for all selections to be saved after each selection.
7. Click 'Save'
The school user will receive an automated invitation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with login credentials.
An account was created for me and I have not received the automated welcome email. Where is my invitation email?
- Please check your junk/spam folder for the invitation message from email@example.com. Alternatively, email the AAMS Helpdesk using the subject heading Login.
Why can't I see any, or all, 6 main tabs?
- Each tab is based on the permission level(s) assigned to your account. If you cannot view a tab you may not have appropriate permissions setup for your account. Please contact your school administrator to request the desired permission level(s). Alternatively, email the AAMS Helpdesk using the subject heading User. Tip: If you know your school administrator, cc them in the e-mail as we will need their authorization on any account changes.
Who is my school administrator?
- School administrator roles typically default to the dean at each institution; however, the dean may designate an alternate to serve in these roles. If you are unsure about who your school administrator is, email the AAMS Helpdesk.
I want to review the school users in my institution's AAMS and make updates if needed. Can I receive a list of all current school users from my institution?
- Anyone with the 'Users' permission level can view and/or make edits to school user accounts. Please contact your AAMS school administrator to request changes to school user accounts or to request the 'Users' permission level.
Should I delete faculty/staff AAMS accounts that are no longer at our university?
- Yes, please delete accounts for faculty and staff that are no longer part of your institution's AAMS team.
For additional help or feedback, email the AAMS Helpdesk.